- modular construction enabling to build the guitar systems containing different components (analog and digital guitar effects, traditional tube amps, preamps and MIDI devices (e.g. DSP processors) located in freely chosen places (all of them in the pedalboard, some of them in the pedalboard and some next to the amp, all of them next to the amp or in the rack cases),
- user interface with displaying programmed names of the banks/songs, presets, functions and colorful indicators,
- alphanumeric LCD backlit displays (main display with 2x20 characters and five footswitch displays with 2x16 characters) and external keyboard for easy using and programming,
- innovative module of the foot controller with connectors location assuring comfortable connecting, space for extension modules and reliability,
- MPM-1 power supply module (connected with the foot controller by one cable) which contains MIDI connectors and also SWITCH, EXTENSION and 12V OUTPUTS,
- possibility to connect three 6LE effects loop extension modules what enables to control up to eighteen guitar effects,
- six SWITCH OUTPUTS for controlling the amps with bistable, pulse and momentary working mode,
- possibility to connect the PB-2 power supply modules (2 x 4 separated sections 9V DC with total capacity 1A),
- 125 banks/songs with bank/song names and memory of 10 MFS footswitch functions,
- 10 MFS footswitches (Multi Function Switch) with colorful state indicators and programmable function names displayed on the LCD text display,
- every MFS footswitch in a given bank/song can have one of the following functions:
- recalling the preset by setting the effects loops, SWITCH OUTPUTS and sending the PROGRAM CHANGE and CONTROL CHANGE commands
- setting the effects loop (LOOP MODIFIER)
- setting the selected switch outputs (SWITCH MODIFIER)
- sending the PROGRAM and/or CONTROL CHANGE commands (MIDI MODIFIER)
- switching on/off chosen effects loop (SINGLE LOOP)
- switching on/off chosen switch output (SINGLE SWITCH)
- switching on/off a single function in the MIDI device by CTRL CHANGE command (SINGLE CTRL)
- incrementing or decrementing (by defined value) chosen parameter in the MIDI device by CTRL CHANGE command
- possibility to control independently twenty MIDI devices by the Program Change commands,
- possibility to send up to fifty Control Change commands,
- independent MIDI OUT 1 and MIDI OUT 2 outputs for shorting the reaction time of the MIDI devices,
- four expression pedal inputs with possibility to send eight independently defined CTRL CHANGE commands,
- function of sending the TAP TEMPO by the CTRL CH and/or NOTE ON/OFF commands,
- function of three concert lists of the banks/songs with possibility to define their order on the list,
- BIG BANK working mode with changeable functions of the MFS footswitches from the upper rank,
- two MIDI INPUTS to control the GSC-5 by other MIDI device,
- function of displaying the tuner data received from the external MIDI device.
The Guitar System Controller GSC-5 is a programmable foot controller dedicated for controlling the guitarists gear.
Its modular design and functionality enable to build the guitar systems containing different components such as analog stompboxes, traditional tube amps, digital guitar effects, preamps and MIDI controlled DSP processors. The GSC-5 consist of the foot controller and the power module to which it is possible to connect the 6 LOOP EXTENSION (6LE) and the 2 x 4 SEPARATED 9V (PB-2) modules. This enables to choose individually the place to connect the stompboxes.
1. All effects in the pedalboard
2. Front effects in the pedalboard and FX LOOP effects next to the amp (e.g. in the rack cases)
3. All effects next to the amp (e.g. in the rack cases)
The GSC-5 features six LCD displays visible in every light conditions (the main display with 2x20 characters and five footswitch displays with 2x16 characters). As the first foot controller in the world the GSC-5 displays the names of the footswitches functions so that you don’t have to memorize what and where have you programmed. The colorful state indicators of the footswitches’ functions enable you to see the situation even more clearly
The controller features the user friendly interface based on displaying the programmed names of the banks/songs, presets, stompboxes, amp functions etc. Supplied with the device an external keyboard facilitates the programming of the controller and features the direct access buttons to frequently used functions.
The innovative design of the controller enables to place the 6LE and the PB-2 modules ‘inside’ the controller. The localization of the connectors inside the controller assures comfortable connecting, eliminates the risk of the connectors damages and enables the trim arrangement of the cables.
The MPM-1 power supply module contains the MIDI (OUT and IN) connectors, the SWITCH OUTs for amp controlling, the EXT OUT and the 12V OUT for extension modules. The MPM-1 is connected with the foot controller only by a single cable what greatly reduces the ‘cable spaghetti’ on the stage.
Thanks to the possibility of connecting up to three 6LE effects loop extension modules it is possible to control (by adding to the signal path or TRUE BYPASS) up to eighteen guitar effects. For supplying the effects it is possible to use the PB-2 power supply modules (2 x 4 separated sections 9V DC with total capacity of 1A). The MPM-1 module features six SWITCH OUTPUTS in two sections for controlling one or more amps. The functionality of the controller enables to program the footswitches also to realize a single amp function.
The controller features 125 banks/songs lists with the possibility to program bank/song names and the memory of 10 MFS (Multi Function Switch) footswitches functions.
By pressing just a single MFS footswitch (by recalling the preset) controller enables to:
1. add to the signal path the chosen effects (stompboxes) connected to the 6LE modules
2. choose the channel and other amp functions using the SWITCH OUTs
3. recall the presets in the MIDI devices using the PROGRAM CHANE command and/or choose the settings of the MIDI devices using the CONTROL CHANGE commands.
The MFS footswitches could also serve only to realize one of three mentioned above functions to ‘modify’ the sound, e.g. recall the amp settings or recall the preset in the MIDI controlled DSP processor.
The MFS footswitch can also work as an on/off switcher of chosen stompbox (single loop in the 6LE module) or chosen amp function (e.g. switching on/off the reverb), likewise the MFS can switch on/off the single function in the processor controlled via MIDI (by sending CTRL CHANGE commands)
The GSC-5 can control independently twenty MIDI devices (thanks to two independent MIDI OUT1 and MIDI OUT2 outs) by the Program Change commands and it can send up to fifty CTRL CHANGE commands. For the comfortable connecting the MIDI outs are located in the foot controller and in the power module. Four expression pedal inputs with possibility to send eight independently defined CTRL CHANGE commands enable to control proportionally the effect parameters in the DSP processors. Each ‘expression pedal function’ can be adjusted to the role it will play.
The MFS switches can be used for incrementing or decrementing (by defined value) the chosen parameter in the MIDI device by CTRL CHANGE command. What is important that other switches can set the given value of the parameter. Controller features also the function of sending the TAP TEMPO, the ’muting’ while tuning (by CTRL CH or PROG CHANGE) and the function of displaying the tuner data received from the external MIDI device
For easy using during the concert the controller enables to program three concert lists where the banks/songs could be set according to the order of the songs played on the show. Another possibility is to control the GSC-5 by the MIDI inputs, e.g. recalling one by one bank/songs by the computer
Controller features an innovative banks/songs mode – the BIG BANK mode - in which pressing one of the MFS footswitches from the lower rank results in changing the functions of the MFS footswitches from the upper rank. This solution multiplies the number of available presets and functions modifying the sound without the necessity of changing the bank/song.