Now new and improved! Synthrotek's version of the classic RAT pedal goes well beyond a clone, in fact we have included 3 of the MOST POPULAR mods ON BOARD. Switching between these mods is very easy.
The Synthrotek RAT Distortion Pedal Clone Complete Kit gets you that classic gritty tone with a lot of options for your own! Despite being a clone, we've designed these PCBs as close to the raved-about original with the most popular boutique pedal mods on-board.
Our RAT kit comes in two different forms: Wired and PCB-Mount. It's the same PCB for both kits, but each kit has slightly different components, different sized cases and a different Bill of Materials.
- 4 controls - Volume, Drive, Filter, and R-Tone - to customize your tone. Volume sets the output level, Drive lets you determine the signal gain, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and R-Tone turns up your bass frequencies from clean to fuzzy grit.
- DIP Switch Diode Clipping - On-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch. Tons of tweak!
- PCB is designed the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp, for the vintage tone. The updated version of the RAT line of pedals uses an inferior-sounding OP07DP op amp IC. Get the vintage tone!
- 3PDT switch layout allows for an easy wiring job, with true bypass switching and LED indicator to give you a visual cue when your RAT Distortion Pedal Clone circuit is engaged and using power
- Dual power supplies (9V Battery and +9VDC =>200mA Center Negative DC Adapter Power Supplies) allow you to have the battery as backup or as the main power
- Input jack switching - No instrument cable plugged in, no power used. Save life on your expensive batteries!
- PCB silkscreen, through-hole components with careful on-board placement, and wire-tension relief holes were designed with the DIYer in mind!
- Comes with a pre-drilled 1590B case.
- PCB Dimensions: 2.125" x 3.25"